Internet 2.0 Conference Reviews Rise Of Accommodation Scams
Scams around conferences are becoming increasingly prevalent, with scammers using clever tactics to trick people into buying tickets or booking accommodations for events that have a huge fan following. These scams can result in significant financial losses and can be particularly devastating for small businesses or individuals who seek to make the most of their time by staying close to legit conferences.
You will be pleased to know that we have partnered with some of the premier hotels in Las Vegas and Dubai so that you can enjoy amazing discounts. However, in the event of these hotels being booked out, you may want to explore other options.
Here, we urge you to exercise utmost caution as there are a lot of scammers out there. These scammers piggyback on the popularity of well-known conferences and try to entice people to divulge their personal and financial details with too-good-to-be-true travel and hotel discounts. To stay safe, here are a few tips to help you avoid falling victim to accommodation scams by the Internet 2.0 Conference team:
- Make sure you verify all booking information before submitting your payment information. Don't be afraid to call the hotel to confirm that the reservation exists.
- Keep an eye on the time zone in confirmation emails and make sure that it matches your destination.
- Beware of phone calls from ‘front desks’ requesting more information.
- No pictures or reviews? Steer clear as it might be a scam! As reviewed by the Internet 2.0 Conference team, legit hotels make sure that they have the best images of their properties online.
- Verify the legitimacy of any accommodation provider by doing some research online, such as checking their website and reviews.
- Be wary of any accommodation provider that asks for payment through unsecured or unusual methods.
- Report any suspicious accommodation providers to the conference organizers immediately.
The Internet 2.0 Conference reviews and takes the threat of scams very seriously. We work hard to monitor for potential scams and take immediate action when identifying any fraudulent activities.
If you suspect you have received spam emails from fraudulent hotel owners claiming to be associated with us, please do not hesitate to let us know using our Report A Scam page. This will enable us to bring these scams to light and take appropriate action.